Offline Bridge Troubleshooting Guide
Behind a firewall? Before continuing please check here and ensure it's configured
for our device.
You will need to contact Wisenet SKY support for your bridge or CMVR username and password.
It is possible that you may run into an issue where a bridge/CMVR is reporting as Internet Offline but expect it to be reflecting as online. The most effective way to troubleshoot this, would be to have a monitor and USB keyboard that you can run to the bridge itself and run some diagnostic tests.
1) Login using the username/password provided by Wisenet SKY support.
2) Navigate to Network Diagnostic Info and run the test.
3) Depending on the results follow the below steps.
No Link Detected
Check the network connection. If static address the issue is likely caused by settings not matching what they are connected to. If this is the case capture wan settings, pictures of other device settings and physical network connections.
Check to make sure the port that the bridge is connected to is enabled. You can test this by plugging in your computer and loading google.
Check to make sure the cable is good.
IP address but unable to connect to the cloud
The issue is likely the necessary outbound ports are not open. Make sure that the network admin has the network requirements checked off. After verifying all of the necessary ports are open, then contact support with the network settings.
Connecting via PuTTY
This option requires Windows
- Download PuTTY
- Ensure your laptop's network interface is set to DHCP
- Connect your laptop directly into the CamLAN port of the bridge/CMVR
- Run Putty
- Enter 10.143.0.1 into the Host Name bar
- Enter 22 into the Port Name bar
Some Wisenet SKY Bridges/CMVRs will require port 33022.
- You may receive a PuTTY Security Alert, select No
- Enter the login information provided by Eagle Eye Networks support.
- Select Network Diagnostic Info
All tests passed
Escalate to Wisenet SKY Support