A Bridge Swap will replace an offline bridge with a new online bridge. The attached cameras will transfer to the new bridge on the dashboard. Please ensure the new bridge is set up on-site exactly like the original bridge.
IMPORTANT!! Do not delete cameras or the Wisenet SKY Bridges/CMVR from the dashboard
when performing a swap or all video on the cloud will be deleted as well.
This is unrecoverable.
There are a few prerequisites for executing a bridge swap:
- The original bridge must be offline and disconnected
- The replacement bridge must be connected in place of the original bridge
- The replacement bridge must have network connectivity
- The replacement bridge cannot be attached to another account.
Performing the Swap
All recordings that are stored locally on the former Wisenet SKY Bridge/CMVR
will be lost if a Bridge Swap is performed.
This includes video that has not yet been uploaded to the cloud.
1. Add the new bridge with the proper attach ID and name "Swap".
Make sure the name of the replacement bridge is easily identifiable.
Once the bridge swap is complete, the name of the original bridge will
transfer over to the new bridge along with all other settings.
2. A swap button will appear next to the original bridge.
3. Click the swap button and select the new bridge ("Swap") that you wish to swap out with the original bridge.
4. Click Replace, and confirm the swap.
Clicking "Confirm Replace" will replace the bridge. All cameras attached to
the original bridge will transfer over to the new bridge, and the historical
camera video will not be lost.