Open Platform LPR application support for XNO-6120R/LPR & XNV-6120R/LPR
How to retrieve the Arteco LPR license information from the camera.
This article applies to XNO-6120R/LPR and XNV-6120R/LPR, which has Arteco LPR Open platform application. If a user defaults the camera to the factory default settings, the open platform application and its’ activation licenses is removed.
This article describes how to retrieve the license key from the system while it is operational with the LPR application installed and activated. You should use this procedure to record your license key in case you need to reinstall the application, as well as to archive a copy of your license.
Note: This process applies only to units that are activated with the Arteco LPR license. If you have lost the application or have defaulted the camera to factory default before license key retrieval, please refer to the re-installation process identified in the KB article below.
Steps to retrieve the Arteco LPR license information from the camera
- Connect to the web interface of your camera. You must use Chrome or Firebox web browsers for proper operation. Use the Wisenet Device Manager to search your network if you are unsure of the camera’s IP address.
- Log into the camera with the administrative credentials when prompted by the web browser.
- Enter the following case-sensitive command into the browser address bar:
Note: Change the IP Address as per your camera’s configuration.
- Once the command has been executed, the web browser will return the manifest file contents, as shown below.
- The license key is contained in the </WebLicense> section.
- Copy the license key and store it for future access.
- The license key is also printed in the quick reference guide that is included with the camera.