Applies to Models: WAVE Sync
When you log your server into WAVE Sync, the login becomes the Owner account when attaching a WAVE server to a WAVE Sync service.
Explanation of Behavior:
- The WAVE Sync and local Owner accounts are the only accounts that can create admin accounts.
- All associated WAVE Sync user accounts will be lost if the server is disconnected from WAVE Sync.
- This process will continue until the DDNS / P2P function is disabled, the unit is connected to the Internet, or an updated firmware is applied.
- It is recommended to Transfer WAVE Sync ownership instead of disconnecting from WAVE Sync.
Step By Step Guide:
1. Log in to the WAVE Sync website with the Owner Account. https://sync.wavevms.com
2. Select the system you want to transfer ownership for
3. Select Settings>System Administration>General (Figure 1)
4. Next to the "Owner - You" heading, click change (Figure 1)
5. Enter the e-mail address of the new system owner (Figure 2)
Note: You can select the new owner from the drop-down list
or start typing to search the user list. The new owner must
already be a WAVE Sync user in the system. This user will
be upgraded to Owner permissions with full access to the system.
6. The old Owner account will be removed from the system. You will have to re-add this account as a non-owner WAVE Sync user (Figure 2)