Applies to: WAVE VMS 5.1 and above
The Camera Replacement feature is available in Wave VMS v5.1 or higher. This new simplified method for System Owners or Administrators allows for the replacement of an IP camera and transfers key properties during replacement. This method is used to replace an existing camera with another one while allowing the new camera to continue using the original archive. This can be useful for situations where the old camera is broken, an upgrade is needed, or you want to switch camera models from different parts of the building. Camera Replacement is only supported for single-channel cameras and can only be replaced by another single-channel camera on the same Server.
Supported Properties Include:
- Camera Name
- General and advanced settings
- Recording settings, PTZ settings
- Event rules
- Camera access rights
Features & Limitations Not Supported:
- Motion Detection settings & 2-way Audio
- The current archive from the old camera will still be accessible.
- The new camera must be on the same server.
Step By Step Guide:
1. In the resource panel, right-click on the server and select add camera. Add the new camera to the system.
2. In the resource panel, right-click on the camera you would like to replace and select Replace Camera. (Figure 1)
This camera should have a red X indicating that it is offline. (Figure 2)
3. Select the camera from the tree you want to replace it with. Click Next. (Figure 3)
4. In the camera replacement dialog window, review the data summary that outlines the transfer details and select Next. (Figure 4)
Note: Camera replacement is not supported for Multi-Sensor cameras, virtual cameras, speakers,
NVR's, unauthorized cameras, I/O Modules, or offline cameras that appear after reindexing the
5. A summary of the replacement will appear. Select Finish to close the window. (Figure 5)