Applies to Models: All Smartcam Models
1. If the camera is too far from the router or there are too many routers near the camera, it may result in a failure to retrieve the router. In this case, press the <Refresh> button and attempt retrieval again.
2. If the router is not retrieved after pressing the <Refresh> button, check the Wi-Fi connection status in the Wi-Fi settings menu of the mobile device.
If the Wi-Fi connection of the mobile device is not set to DIRECT-CAM-XXXX (camera), you cannot retrieve a router.
3. In this case, disable the <Automatically switch to other Wi-Fi signal or 3G/LTE network if the Wi-Fi signal is weak> option.
The name and path on the mobile device screen are as follows.
- Android (Name: smart network switching, automatic network switching, disconnect weak Wi-Fi signal, prevent fault network connection, Path: Wi-Fi settings or Advanced settings)
- iOS 9 (Name: Wi-Fi support, Path: Settings → Cellular → Wi-Fi support)
This function only affects the initial camera registration. After the registration, you can use the mode of your choice.
4. If the method stated above does not resolve your problem, register your router manually using <Other Wi-Fi networks> (configuration of a non-listed wireless network).
If <Network SSID> Wi-Fi network name, Wi-Fi network name or <Secure> router password is already set, select WEP or WPA2 and enter the password.