Applies to Models: All Smartcam Models
1. Why is my SmartCloud service being discontinued?
- Due to the below-average usage and the required maintenance to support the service, we will discontinue our SmartCam Cloud as of July 1, 2020. After this date, please use an SD card for accessing your camera video footage. For doorbell users, you can utilize Google Drive for accessing select videos.
- A new firmware and SmartCam + app release will be available at the end of June. Once you update the firmware and app, the camera will stop uploading videos, and you will no longer have access to your data in the app. You will need to backup all of your data before the firmware and app update.
2. What happens if I don’t update to the latest firmware and app?
- If you are a D1 doorbell user, you will not be able to save your recordings. By updating to the latest firmware and app, you can save Human Detection and Abnormal Sound Detection events onto your Google Drive account.
- If you are a SmartCam camera user, upon the expiration of your monthly subscription, you must select the “SD” option. Leaving it on Cloud recording mode will not save your videos. The latest firmware and app will remove the cloud option, which alleviates the need to switch over to the “SD” option.
3. What should I do if I forgot to back up my data after I updated the firmware and app? How can I retrieve my data?
- If you do perform an update on the camera and app before backing up your data, you can still access the prior recordings before the update via mysmartcamcloud.com on your computer.
4. How long do I have to back-up my data from mysmartcamcloud.com?
- You will have access to your data until your retention period ends. For example, if you have the Starter Plan for D1 Doorbell, you will have 30 days from when your subscription expires. However, we strongly encourage you to back-up your data as early as possible.
5. I am not subscribed to a SmartCloud service (event videos stored on the cloud) plan. How will this affect me?
- If you are not a SmartCloud subscriber, there is no need to worry. You will continue to get your notifications and control the camera using the SmartCam+ app.
6. Which models are affected?
- The following models affected by this SmartCloud service are:
• SNH-V6435DN (SmartCam D1 Video Doorbell)
• SNH-P6415BN (SmartCam N1 camera)
• SNH-P6416BN (SmartCam N2 camera)
• SNH-V6414BN (SmartCam HD Plus camera)
7. What features are affected?
- For the models listed above, the optional SmartCloud service is disabled. SmartCloud subscribers will no longer be able to store videos in the cloud. All other feature, live monitoring, push notification, email alerts and microSD recording will continue to work as usual.
8. When will my SmartCloud subscription be discontinued?
- All SmartCloud service will be permanently discontinued effective July 1, 2020, 12:00 AM. (Eastern Standard Time).
- As of June 1, 2020, we will discontinue renewing monthly subscriptions. For subscriptions prior to June 1, 2020, upon the expiration date of the monthly subscription, monthly subscription customers will not be able to access their SmartCloud account or retrieve any recordings or data. We strongly recommend monthly subscription customers to back up and secure their recordings and data before downloading the new camera firmware and SmartCam + app update.
9. Does this affect the All-In-One security system (Wisenet Life) cloud service too?
- The Wisenet Life Cloud service for DVR and NVR Kits are not affected.
10. Which apps are affected?
- After the camera firmware and SmartCam + app update, you will not be able to retrieve any recordings or data on the SmartCam + app. The update will also affect the SmartCloud app.
11. How can I back-up my recordings from the cloud?
- There are two ways you can download your cloud events.
1) You can access your cloud recordings on the computer by signing into your cloud account at www.mysmartcamcloud.com and select the event that you wish to download. Press the icon and it will start downloading the clip.
2) To download your events on your phone, open your SmartCam+ app and make sure the toggle button is set to Cloud. Select the event you wish to download and press the icon on the top right corner and it will start downloading onto your phone.
3) Once download completed, the “Video file has been downloaded successfully” message will be pop up.
4) If you are also using a microSD card there is no need to back-up your recordings since your cloud events are also saved onto the microSD card.
12. When should I backup my videos from the cloud?
- We recommend downloading your videos before you update to the latest camera firmware and SmartCam + app. Since the updates will disable the uploads to the cloud, no video recordings will be available on the SmartCam + app. The videos taken before the update can still be retrieved by logging into mysmartcamcloud.com via your computer.
13. How can I store my recordings after the service termination?
- For Smart Home camera users, you can use a microSD card (max. 128 GB) to record your events into a local storage.
- For D1 video doorbell users, set up the Google Drive connection to the app to record videos for Human Detection and Abnormal Sound detection.
14. (For doorbell user) How can I connect my account to Google Drive?
- Enable “Notification” under the doorbell’s setting. Enter the Google account info, toggle to enable Google Drive, and then proceed to the authentication process.
- You can find your videos in the Google Drive app under the "Doorbell_[serial #]" folder. Each video is time-stamped with when the event occurred.
* This new App will be available by end of June.
15. When will the cloud service be back up, or will you be offering an alternative service?
- Unfortunately, we do not have any future plans on bringing back SmartCloud. In the meanwhile, please use your microSD card (or Google Drive for D1 video doorbell users) to store and access your events.
If you need additional assistance with this, please reach out to our customer service at 844-WISENET (947-3638) (Mon-Fri: 9:00 AM-7:00 PM EST) or firstname.lastname@example.org.