Applies to Models: WRR-Q-A201W1
There will be incidents where the Windows 10 image on the WRR-Q-A201W1 servers becomes unresponsive or corrupted. This article will cover the steps for re-imaging Windows on to the Raid 1 of the WRR-Q-A201W1.
Explanation of Behavior:
- Windows will be locked up at Windows is preparing to load screen
- Windows will be locked up at Windows is preparing to repair
- The F8 option to boot into a safe boot environment is not responsive.
- You should go to the Dell support page >Here< and apply all critical updates to the system before engaging the support group.
- Should it be determined that Windows on this server is corrupt beyond recovery, you must re-image the server.
- You will need to contact support for the ISO for this server at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use Rufus to burn the supplied image onto an 8gb thumb drive
Note: Use the default settings for Rufus once you have selected the
source file, and the destination disk.
- Delete the Raid 1 array BEFORE attempting re-image
Note: Click >Here< for the Dell walkthrough of deleting the Raid 1 array
- Re-create the Raid 1 array
Note: Click >Here< for the Dell Article to recreate the Raid 1 array