When a WAVE server is added to WAVE Sync for remote access and management, the user account used to make this connection becomes the account Owner. The Owner's name is displayed on the login screen for the System. It is often recommended to use a generic e-mail account and display name, such as "ABC Company" or "XYZ Security". However, the technician setting up the system may use their own e-mail address or the e-mail address for the security director, etc.
There also may be cases where the owner account needs to be changed for a variety of reasons.
If you simply remove the system from WAVE Sync, all Sync accounts set up in the server are removed, requiring reconfiguration.
With WAVE 5.0 (1-2023), there is Transfer Ownership feature in the WAVE Sync web interface.
- Log in to the WAVE Sync website with the Owner account. https://sync.wavevms.com
- Select the system you want to transfer ownership for.
- From the General page, click the "Change" link next to Owner - you. If it does not list you as the owner, then another user is the owner. You must login as the owner account to transfer ownership.
- Enter the e-mail address of the new system owner. You can select it from the drop-down list and/or start typing to search the user list. The new owner must already be a WAVE Sync user in the system. This user will be upgraded to Owner permissions with full access to the system.
- The old Owner account will be removed from the system. If that user still requires access to the system, you must add it with the relevant permission level.