Applies to Models: WAVE
In some cases, WAVE licenses may need to be transferred from one machine to another. Examples of when licenses need deactivation or transfer:
- Hardware Failure
- Hardware ID Change (Hardware modified - RAM, Motherboard, network card)
- Hardware Replacement (Transfer licenses to a new machine)
- Accidental License Assignment
Users have the ability to deactivate and move a License Key from one computer to another.
License Deactivation Limitations:
- Users must have an active Internet connection in order to execute the deactivation
- Time licenses cannot be deactivated
Note: A license can be deactivated and moved a maximum of 3 times.
Step By Step Guide:
To Deactivate A License Key:
- Open the Wisenet WAVE Desktop client.
- From the Main Menu select System Administration.
- In the System Administration Dialog select the Licenses tab. Click on the License Key to be deactivated to highlight. (Figure 1)
- Once you have selected the License Key click on the Deactivate button.
- Complete the Deactivation form and press Next.
- You are now free to use this License Key again.